jueves, 17 de febrero de 2011

Immigration Story

           It was 1886 when I Juro Kaori decided to immigrate to the U.S. for a better type of life.
It all started when I had my family in Japan and after a time we really realized we weren't living that well. Suddenly we stayed without our jobs and money and economy was a real problem for us. As time passed I decided to try to immigrate with my family to the U.S., but when we saw we really didn't have the enough money  to get all of us there. So me so sadly took a decision for me and immigrated for the good of my family. I was very sad because they couldn't join me on my trip to the immigration to the U.S.
           It was the day and I with a group of other Japanese immigrating people went aboard sailing to Hawaii. There were some hours to get there and through the trip many of us were really immigrating with the same purpose which was looking for jobs and a better life. We all wanted to get our family with us to the U.S. but most couldn't because of our economic problems. The boat was full of necessary things in our bags and we were all  ready to take and look for a job which could pay us something. As we were approaching we were all very anxious.
            When we got to Hawaii and got off the boat people from there that notice that we were immigrants started looking bad at us. They started talking bad about us, but that didn't stop me from getting a job for me and a better life for my family. After three weeks getting up very early I found a job on a sugarcane plantation some hours from my apartment. The job was sacrificing and it was really not worth it for the amount of little money I was getting paid. If I wanted to bring my family to the U.S. and have a better life I needed to keep working with what I had. Little by little I slowly went gaining some money and got very excited. That other morning was when everything came down when they fired many of us immigrant from the sugarcane plantation.
             I was in total shock, when all I could think of was my wife and two sons in Japan. I never surrender and a few weeks later I got another job in a farm. Here I was winning a little more money and by time I had the necessary money to bring my family. I brought them and we were all really excited. My wife the started working in a beauty salon where she won good money and that gave us for our children's education.We are know very happy and still working to keep having a better life than before.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario